July 3, 2012

La llegada - Día 1

So it still seems a bit unreal but I've finally arrived at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. The doors opened for incoming students at 9am and I've been busy getting myself settled into my dorm. The dorm itself is extremely comfortable. Plenty of room to work and sleep with a private bathroom and shower. I have to admit that I'm pretty nervous about going back to school especially when it comes to studying Spanish. Along with the nerves of taking graduate level courses (which I've never done before), I'm in a foreign country for the first time (which I've also never done). I look forward to the new challenges and experiences this will bring but I would be lying if I didn't admit to being anxious about the next month or so. Work space...
Sleep space...
This afternoon we have lunch and then this evening we have orientation, followed by walking to the Facultad de Filosofía y Letras so we can see where our classes are being held and dinner at 9pm. So I guess I'm on my way...

No comments:

Post a Comment