July 19, 2012

Día 11 hasta día 17 - Marbella, El Rostro, Intercambios y el Museo Thyssen

Greetings from Spain once again! It has been yet another incredible week in Madrid. Over the last 7 days or so, I've been studying like crazy and experiencing as much as I possibly can each day. Through the university I was able to get connected with an intercambio group to work on my speaking and listening skills and to get to know some of the madrileños (people from Madrid). It was a great environment to meet new people, talk about our countries, and also talk about learning other languages. Last Saturday I headed to Marbella in Malaga to visit with a friend of mine from college. He grew up in Marbella so I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to see his home town. I traveled yet again on the AVE (Spain's high speed train) and it was amazingly comfortable. The trip took 2.5 hours and there was plenty of leg room which I always appreciate. Marbella thrives on the tourism industry and when you see the pictures it's easy to understand why. Take a look below...
The trip to Marbella was incredible and I hope to be able to visit again one day. This past weekend I also spent some time at el Rostro in Madrid. It was overwhelming to see the amount of people that were there. You can find all sorts of items there from hand made jewelry, clothes, and other crafts to posters, books, and dvd's all at great prices. I was able to acquire a couple of posters for my classroom that I look forward to hanging this upcoming school year. Enjoy the pics!
On Wednesday, all the students in the program were offered an opportunity to visit the Museo Thyssen to enjoy the collection. While we were there, we saw works by Picasso, Monet, Miró, and Dalí just to name a few. I'm inspired and in complete awe of all that there is to see, do, and experience here in Madrid. This weekend, I'm heading to Asturias for a 3 day trip. I'll be sure to post an update as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment